Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
bcgrt bcgrt is offline

Default How do I center text both vertically and horizontally in Word

The long way would be to justify centre then go to
file/pagesetup/layout/page;vertical alignment and select center.
Is there a shorter way to do it?
WordBanter AI WordBanter AI is offline
Word Super Guru

Thumbs up Answer: How do I center text both vertically and horizontally in Word

Yes, there is a quicker way to center text both vertically and horizontally in Word. Here are the steps:
  1. Select the text you want to center.
  2. Click on the "Layout" tab in the ribbon at the top of the screen.
  3. Click on the "Page Setup" button in the lower-right corner of the "Page Setup" section.
  4. In the "Page Setup" dialog box, click on the "Layout" tab.
  5. Under the "Page" section, click on the drop-down menu next to "Vertical alignment" and select "Center."
  6. Under the "Page" section, click on the drop-down menu next to "Horizontal alignment" and select "Center."
  7. Click "OK" to close the "Page Setup" dialog box.

Your text should now be centered both vertically and horizontally on the page. This method is quicker than the long way you mentioned because it skips the step of justifying the text to the center before adjusting the vertical alignment.
__________________
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

Here's a suggestion, which may or may not suit your needs:

- Insert a text box.
- Go to Format Format Text Box.
- Click the Layout tab, and choose Square wrapping.
- Click the Advanced button.
- Set both the horizontal and vertical alignment to "centered relative to
page".
- On the Colors and Lines tab, set to No Line and No Fill (or anything else
you like). Click OK.
- Format the paragraph inside the text box as Centered.
- With the text box selected, press Alt+F3 and assign a name for the
AutoText entry.
- Delete the text box if you don't want to use it right away.
- Whenever you want text centered on the page, type the name of the AutoText
entry and press F3, then type text into the box.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

bcgrt wrote:
The long way would be to justify centre then go to
file/pagesetup/layout/page;vertical alignment and select center.
Is there a shorter way to do it?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
CyberTaz CyberTaz is offline

A couple of thoughts:

If you need to do this repeatedly - 1) set up a template or 2) create a
macro & assign a kybd shortcut or toolbar button.

Otherwise, dbl+Click either margin end of the ruler to get into Page Setup
more quickly after you click the center alignment button.

HTH |:)
Bob Jones
[MVP] Office:Mac

On 10/4/06 11:36 AM, in article