Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Karen Karen is offline

Default Why is text rotated 90 degrees in Word 2007 on my new documents?

Text is showing as rotated 90 degrees on all new documents created in Word
2007. The text is not in a text box, or columns, or frame - it's just plain
text. It also prints this way. I can not find a setting anywhere that can fix
this. Any ideas? I have a sample file that I could email if that would help.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
JoAnn Paules JoAnn Paules is offline

Rotated or like
?

(I just helped (sort of) someone else with the latter situation.)

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

"Karen" wrote in message
Text is showing as rotated 90 degrees on all new documents created in Word
2007. The text is not in a text box, or columns, or frame - it's just
plain
text. It also prints this way. I can not find a setting anywhere that can
fix
this. Any ideas? I have a sample file that I could email if that would
help.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Ratcliff Ratcliff is offline

If you are in a text box, select FORMAT - Text Direction and reset
the direction.

On Feb 15, 9:29 am, "JoAnn Paules"
wrote:
Rotated or like
?

"Karen" wrote in message

Text is showing as rotated 90 degrees on all new documents created in Word
2007. The text is not in a text box, or columns, or frame - it's just
plain
text. It also prints this way. I can not find a setting anywhere that can
fix
this. Any ideas? I have a sample file that I could email if that would
help.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
JoAnn Paules JoAnn Paules is offline

She said it's not in a text box.

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

"Ratcliff" wrote in message
If you are in a text box, select FORMAT - Text Direction and reset
the direction.

On Feb 15, 9:29 am, "JoAnn Paules"
wrote:
Rotated or like
?

"Karen" wrote in message

Text is showing as rotated 90 degrees on all new documents created in
Word
2007. The text is not in a text box, or columns, or frame - it's just
plain
text. It also prints this way. I can not find a setting anywhere that
can
fix
this. Any ideas? I have a sample file that I could email if that would
help.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Hi Karen,

Text direction in Word 2007 can be changed using
Page Layout=Page Setup=Text Direction
(use Ctrl+A to select all text in the document first if it's document wide)

If it's happening in all Word documents then your Word template may have had this stored in the template in which case you'd want to
open the template (Use Alt, T, I to see the name if you're not sure) make the fix to text direction there than resave and close the
template then restart Word.

============
"Karen" wrote in message ...
Text is showing as rotated 90 degrees on all new documents created in Word
2007. The text is not in a text box, or columns, or frame - it's just plain
text. It also prints this way. I can not find a setting anywhere that can fix
this. Any ideas? I have a sample file that I could email if that would help.
--

Bob Buckland ?:-)
MS Office System Products MVP

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Beth Melton Beth Melton is offline

To add an additional note to Bob's reply, you need to have an Asian language
enabled, such as Japanese, in order to see the Text Direction button on the
Page Layout tab.

Beth Melton
Microsoft Office MVP

Coauthor of Word 2007 Inside Out:

Word FAQ: http://mvps.org/word
MVP FAQ site: http://mvps.org/

"Bob Buckland ?:-)" 75214.226(At Beautiful Downtown)compuserve.com wrote
in message ...