Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Harvey Harvey is offline

Default Can I prevent pictures in footers from being "washed out?"

If footer pictures can be prevented from "washing out" how is it done
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

Images and text in the header and footer will be dimmed when you are working
in the document layer (and vice versa when you're working in the
header/footer layer). They will print correctly, however.

If an image anchored to the header/footer appears dim even when you have the
footer open for editing, it may actually be formatted as "washout" or
"watermark." Some wrapped images in the header/footer may appear dimmed even
in Print Preview but will print correctly.

This is the way Word works; if you want a document that is displayed
electronically exactly as it will print, you need to create a PDF.

"Harvey" wrote in message
If footer pictures can be prevented from "washing out" how is it done

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

On Fri, 12 Sep 2008 12:00:02 -0700, Harvey
wrote:

If footer pictures can be prevented from "washing out" how is it done

No, it isn't possible when viewing the document in Word.

If you intend to send the document to someone else, save it as a PDF file. The
pictures will be full-contrast there (as they would be if you print).

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman