Ron

Default How do I turn off automatic language detection

Trying to spellcheck an ordinary document. The spell check language keeps
changing when it comes to unknown words - e.g., switches from Spanish to
French. I have gone into ToolsLanguageSet Language and changed the
normal.dot default language to English (US), but when I go back to spellcheck
my original document, the dictionary keeps bouncing around.

thanks,

Ron
garfield-n-odie

Open your ordinary document, press Ctrl+A to select all of the text, click on
Tools | Language | Set Language | Mark selected text as: English(US) |
uncheck the "Detect language automatically" box | Default | OK.

"Ron" wrote:

Trying to spellcheck an ordinary document. The spell check language keeps
changing when it comes to unknown words - e.g., switches from Spanish to
French. I have gone into ToolsLanguageSet Language and changed the
normal.dot default language to English (US), but when I go back to spellcheck
my original document, the dictionary keeps bouncing around.

thanks,

Ron

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
jenn jenn is offline

I am having this same problem. Taking the check-mark out of the "Detect..."
box... did not fix my problem... any more suggestions?

"Ron" wrote:

Trying to spellcheck an ordinary document. The spell check language keeps
changing when it comes to unknown words - e.g., switches from Spanish to
French. I have gone into ToolsLanguageSet Language and changed the
normal.dot default language to English (US), but when I go back to spellcheck
my original document, the dictionary keeps bouncing around.

thanks,

Ron

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

"Ron" wrote:

Trying to spellcheck an ordinary document. The spell check language keeps
changing when it comes to unknown words - e.g., switches from Spanish to
French. I have gone into ToolsLanguageSet Language and changed the
normal.dot default language to English (US), but when I go back to spellcheck
my original document, the dictionary keeps bouncing around.

thanks,

Ron

I am having the same problem (running office 2007). I've tried doing this,
and I can not find a "tool" button. very fustrated! I reset the language and
it just keeps going back to french. What am I doing wrong?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Riveron Riveron is offline

IN OFFICE 2007:

Go to 'Review' on the ribbon, set language is in the 'proofing' panel. Then
follow as before.

"Ron" wrote:

Trying to spellcheck an ordinary document. The spell check language keeps
changing when it comes to unknown words - e.g., switches from Spanish to
French. I have gone into ToolsLanguageSet Language and changed the
normal.dot default language to English (US), but when I go back to spellcheck
my original document, the dictionary keeps bouncing around.

thanks,

Ron

I am having the same problem (running office 2007). I've tried doing this,
and I can not find a "tool" button. very fustrated! I reset the language and
it just keeps going back to french. What am I doing wrong?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
carriblue2 carriblue2 is offline

I have tried this and right in the middle of my wonderfully "english" it will
suddenly start checking in French! And for some reason I cannot get rid of
the French "traditional or standard" grammar box in my dictionary picker
under word options...

I have tried everything, I have even deleted my French dictionary and still
it pops up (the french dictionary reinstalls)

I have about given up, the only way I can correct it within a document is to
retype the lines which are effected.

"Ron" wrote:

Trying to spellcheck an ordinary document. The spell check language keeps
changing when it comes to unknown words - e.g., switches from Spanish to
French. I have gone into ToolsLanguageSet Language and changed the
normal.dot default language to English (US), but when I go back to spellcheck
my original document, the dictionary keeps bouncing around.

thanks,

Ron

I am having the same problem (running office 2007). I've tried doing this,
and I can not find a "tool" button. very fustrated! I reset the language and
it just keeps going back to french. What am I doing wrong?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
mhd143 mhd143 is offline

Default How do I turn off automatic language detection via group policy

Can anyone tell me how i can turn this off via group policy please?

Thanks
mhd143