Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Meenie Meenie is offline

Default Page setup problem or something causing problem with print

Hi, I am a secretary working for two directors. The directors have 10
managers and 3 educators that work for them so I get a lot of documents from
a lot of different people.
Sometimes, when I try to print these documents, my printer blinks and I have
to manually push the printer button for each page to print. But the people
who created the documents say they print fine for them.
Anyone know what the problem is? It's quite aggravating, especially if I
have to print several copies!
When I look at "print preview" everything looks fine, but someone said it's
because page setup isn't right somehow so my printer is asking me if I really
want to print and making me push the button.
How can I make it go on and print when asked to?
Thanks, Meenie

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
John McGhie [MVP - Word and Word Macintosh] John McGhie [MVP - Word and Word Macintosh] is offline

Hi Meenie:

The problem is that some of the people sending you documents are creating
them on the wrong paper size.

Go into FilePage Setup and check the paper size and paper tray options.

The document is requesting a kind of paper that is not in the printer.

Cheers

On 15/2/07 6:25 AM, in article
, "Meenie"
wrote:

Hi, I am a secretary working for two directors. The directors have 10
managers and 3 educators that work for them so I get a lot of documents from
a lot of different people.
Sometimes, when I try to print these documents, my printer blinks and I have
to manually push the printer button for each page to print. But the people
who created the documents say they print fine for them.
Anyone know what the problem is? It's quite aggravating, especially if I
have to print several copies!
When I look at "print preview" everything looks fine, but someone said it's
because page setup isn't right somehow so my printer is asking me if I really
want to print and making me push the button.
How can I make it go on and print when asked to?
Thanks, Meenie

me unless I ask you to.

John McGhie
Microsoft MVP, Word and Word for Macintosh. Business Analyst, Consultant
Technical Writer.
Sydney, Australia +61 (0) 4 1209 1410