Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
timeOday timeOday is offline

Default Insert linebreak within a heading?

How do I insert a linebreak into a heading?

The heading is longer than one line and I don't like where it's
breaking. "Press enter where you want the break" is not the correct answer.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

Shift+Enter. If you have a TOC field in the document, make sure there's not
a space before the line break, as the TOC interprets the line break as a
space, and if you have a space as well, you'll get an extra one in the TOC.

"timeOday" wrote in message
. ..
How do I insert a linebreak into a heading?

The heading is longer than one line and I don't like where it's
breaking. "Press enter where you want the break" is not the correct

answer.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

Press Shift+Enter where you want the break. Or use nonbreaking spaces
(Ctrl+Shift+spacebar) to "glue" together the words after the desired
break.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman