Shivers

Default duplicating apostrophes

hello,

I'm working on a report that uses Word VBA functions. I don't know if this
is where the problem lies, but each time I open up the report, all the single
and double apostrophes have duplicated so that there are 3 or 4 of them
instead of 1, e.g. "He comes in" becomes """"He comes in"""". The replace
function won't work because it doesn't recognise the smart quotes, and even
when I have gone through and corrected, the next time I open it, the problem
reoccurs.

Has anyone any idea what this is and how to fix it?

TIA,
Shivers