Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
AlexUNLV AlexUNLV is offline

Default Watermark Picture Letterhead and Margin problem

I have a jpg image as our letterhead design. I inserted this image as a
watermark picture and adjusted it to cover the entire page.

How do I modify the margins without the affecting the watermark picture?

Any help appreciated.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
CyberTaz CyberTaz is offline

I believe what you're fighting isn't Word - If the image was inserted using
the Format Background Printed Watermark method it has no bearing on
margins nor do margins have any bearing on it.

However, most printers impose minimum margin settings which Word cannot
override, so even stretching the image to fill the page doesn't mean it will
print edge-to-edge. You can adjust margins all you wish - set them to 0" all
around - but Print Preview will show you what your printer is capable of
doing with the content. Even most printers advertised as being capable of
edge-to-edge printing cannot do so on standard paper sizes - 4x6, 5x7 photo
sizes only. There may be control over this in your printer's settings,
however. You may also be able to fool it into thinking you're printing a
"letter-size" photo, but that may also cause it to apply ink in a manner
intended for photo-quality paper only. The result may not be acceptable.
--
HTH |:)
Bob Jones