Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Alain R.[_2_] Alain R.[_2_] is offline

Default current title in the footer

Hi,

i would like to create a nice document under Word 2007. I was thinking
to add in the footer the current title to help reader to know where he is.

basically if i have the following TOC:
1. Introduction
2. Purpose of document
3. Analysis
3.1 Basic Analysis
3.2 detailed Analysis
4. planning

if user's reading Analysis part - detailed, i would like to have in
footer "3.2 Detailed analysis".

i checked the fields possibilities but i did not find something usefull :-(

how can i do that ?

thanks a lot,

A.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
DeanH DeanH is offline

See response in the doc.management group.
Try not to multi-post.
Hope the response helps.
DeanH

"Alain R." wrote:

Hi,

i would like to create a nice document under Word 2007. I was thinking
to add in the footer the current title to help reader to know where he is.

basically if i have the following TOC:
1. Introduction
2. Purpose of document
3. Analysis
3.1 Basic Analysis
3.2 detailed Analysis
4. planning

if user's reading Analysis part - detailed, i would like to have in
footer "3.2 Detailed analysis".

i checked the fields possibilities but i did not find something usefull :-(

how can i do that ?

thanks a lot,

A.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Terry Farrell Terry Farrell is offline

Use the StyleRef field in the Footer which will display the nearest
occurrence of the associated style.

--
Terry Farrell - MSWord MVP

"Alain R." wrote in message
Hi,

i would like to create a nice document under Word 2007. I was thinking to
add in the footer the current title to help reader to know where he is.

basically if i have the following TOC:
1. Introduction
2. Purpose of document
3. Analysis
3.1 Basic Analysis
3.2 detailed Analysis
4. planning

if user's reading Analysis part - detailed, i would like to have in footer
"3.2 Detailed analysis".

i checked the fields possibilities but i did not find something usefull
:-(

how can i do that ?

thanks a lot,

A.