alabamatoy alabamatoy is offline
Junior Member

Default page break, forced indent

Every paragraph in my document that is broken across a page has the first line of the second page text indented by appro 5 characters. How do I remove this indentation?

Example:

paragraph text[eol]
paragraph text[eol]
paragraph text[eol][page break]
[indent]paragraph text[eol]
paragraph text[eol]

New paragraph starts at the top of a page are not so indented.

Any help/advice would be appreciated.

Last edited by alabamatoy : April 11th 09 at 02:37 PM
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

A page break also breaks the paragraph. If your paragraph style has a
first-line indent, then you will need to apply an unindented style to the
paragraph after the page break.

http://word.mvps.org

--
alabamatoy

alabamatoy alabamatoy is offline
Junior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suzanne S. Barnhill View Post
A page break also breaks the paragraph. If your paragraph style has a first-line indent, then you will need to apply an unindented style to the paragraph after the page break.
No first line indent anywhere except after a page break within a paragraph. Im stumped, I cant figure out how to eliminate it.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

Well, you do understand that a page break within a paragraph is also a
paragraph break? Are you sure that the new paragraph on the new page doesn't
have a first-line indent? If you were seeing this on every page, I'd suggest
the problem might be the one described at
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Formatting...lyIndented.htm. Conceivably
it could still be, but with a text box/frame anchored on the page rather
than to the header.