Alex

Default tab set up

I have a word document devided into to vertical parts with the vertical dash
line.
I've made the width of the documents slightly begger and I need to enter and
edit data there so I need to adjust the vertivcal dash line slightly to the
right (exactly on 3.5"). I've set up 2" as a default tab stops in the
Format-Tab, cleared All and set up 2" in the set up stop position. But, it's
working good only for the one line. If I go to the next line I need to do it
again.

How could I stop the tab on the 3.5" for the whole ddocuments?

Thanks

Well, if you really want to set a specific tab stop for the entire document,
then you can Ctrl+A to select the document, then set the tab stop (either
using the ruler or with Format | Tabs), but it's always better to have
specific styles for specific purposes. If you've never used styles at all,
see these articles:

How to apply a style in Word
http://www.shaunakelly.com/word/styles/ApplyAStyle.html

How to modify a style in Word
http://www.shaunakelly.com/word/styl...ifyAStyle.html

I'm not sure whether either of these specifically tells how to create a new
style, but it's merely a matter of selecting a style that's close to what
you want and then choosing New instead of Modify and giving it a new name.

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

Clearly, you need to create a paragraph style that includes the tab stop
setting and apply it to the relevant paragraphs.

newsgroup so
all may benefit.