Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Alex Alex is offline

Default Header / Footer Info Repeats on pg.2/3/4/etc.

What I Did: created header/footer info for page 1 of my business letterhead
(name, logo, offices, contact information) and, for sucessive page 2 and so
on, created header with just name of company & logo.
What I want: to simply type the text i need and have the successive pages to
maintain the streamlined header info.....
What Happens: the problem - as I am moved to the second page due to
voluminous text content, Word automatically copies the header info from the
first page on to the next page....it does not simply bump me to the next page
and and KEEP the streamlined header info that had been already created.....

Bottom Line: i want page 1 to be comprehensive header info and all
successive pages to be the streamlined header info...now i just keep getting
page 1 header info on every successive page...

HELP !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! thank you for your help....
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
macropod[_2_] macropod[_2_] is offline

Hi Alex,

Have you set up the page layout as 'different first page'? With such a layout, your 1st page header will only appear on the 1st
page. If you want a header on the 2nd and subsequent pages, you'll need to (at least temporarily) add a 2nd page to the document so
that you can add a header to it.

--
Cheers
macropod

"alex" wrote in message ...
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Alex Alex is offline

thanks...how would i set up the second and subsequest pages? after the first
page set like you suggest, do i simply scroll down, pop to a second page,
create teh header on that second page and save it?

thanks again for your help and prompt response......

by the way, i did click the different first page command for my existing
first page but it want blank, as did the second page since they are mirroring
each other.....maybe it s due to the fact that the page was not INITIALLY set
up that way....

"alex" wrote in message ...
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

If you already have the first page header set up, after checking the
Different First Page setting, temporarily add a Page Break (Ctrl+Enter) to
the document and the Primary Header/Footer area will then become available.
Set up the information that you want to appear in those areas, and then
delete the Page Break. then save your template. When you use the template
and the text runs to a second page, that primary header/footer that you set
up will appear.

See http://sbarnhill.mvps.org/WordFAQs/Letterhead.htm for a primer.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

"alex" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Alex Alex is offline

thanks TO ALL FOR YOR RESPONSES......just to reiterate, i want page 1 to be
different than all the rest. Page one will have all the infof and page 2
through whatever will simply have the firm name, logo....what is happening
now is even though i created two different headers on two sperate pages
(first and the second) when i am typing and run out of room on the first
page, and jump to the second page automatically, the header that i created
for the first page is automatically duplicated on the second
page....literally the header i created for the second page is erased and
replaced by the first header....this is the probelm....

so i dont want the first header repeated, i want it only on the first
page....i want the streamlined header on the second and subseqent pages.....

i apologize if i was not being clear.....

"alex" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

Have you looked at
http://sbarnhill.mvps.org/WordFAQs/L...htm#MultiPage? This explains
how to do exactly what you are trying to do.