Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Alex Hammerstein Alex Hammerstein is offline

Default Attaching a template to a ocument

Hi I have some older documents that I want to update using a new template
that I have designed.

Is this possible please -
Using Word 2007

Thanks

Alex

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

It rather depends on what it is you want to adopt from the new template.
Certainly you can attach the new template from the Developer tab Document
Template (don't for get to temporarily check the update styles box) and this
will reapply the styles with matching names to reveal their new parameters.

Alex Hammerstein wrote:
Hi I have some older documents that I want to update using a new
template that I have designed.

Is this possible please -
Using Word 2007

Thanks

Alex

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

If the new template just adds or revises style settings and adds macros and
keyboard shortcuts, you can attach the template to the old document and check
the automatically update box (and then go back to the dialog and uncheck it).

If the new template includes new section properties such as margins and
headers/footers, you can copy all but the last paragraph of the older
document into a new document based on your new template.

In either case there may be quite a bit of cleanup, depending, in large part,
on whether the style names changed and how many unused styles remain.

PamC

Alex Hammerstein wrote:
Hi I have some older documents that I want to update using a new template
that I have designed.

Is this possible please -
Using Word 2007

Thanks

Alex

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Alex Hammerstein Alex Hammerstein is offline

Thanks

Alex

On 09/03/2009 14:25, in article ,
"Graham Mayor" wrote:

It rather depends on what it is you want to adopt from the new template.
Certainly you can attach the new template from the Developer tab Document
Template (don't for get to temporarily check the update styles box) and this
will reapply the styles with matching names to reveal their new parameters.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

Search long ocument mal New Users 14 May 29th 08 08:57 PM
Attaching a template to a document Kate Microsoft Word Help 8 August 25th 07 06:09 AM
why is template attaching .emz files? Cinster Microsoft Word Help 1 March 13th 06 09:46 AM
Attaching a template to an E-mail Elara Microsoft Word Help 1 October 28th 05 12:12 AM
Attaching new template LisaH Page Layout 1 April 15th 05 02:31 PM