Alberto

Default Headers/Footers

Hi everyone

I have a customer that works with a customized template (used to build
master documents). In the header, the template has a table with some fields
that is part of that document (The logo, Document Code, Page x of y, Section,
Chapter, Revision Nr, etc.).

This customer works with master documents using the same customized template
for each linked document.

If the customer makes a change on any field present in the header, that
change will be seen on every page of that document. Everything is fine until
here.

The customer makes a change in one page. Changes should be registered in the
€śRevision Nr.€ť on the header.

But (this is the rough part), this customer wants to be able to change the
€śRevision Nr.€ť just only on the changed page, leaving intact €śRevision Nr.€ť
in the other pages of the same document.

Is it possible using one document? How?

Thanks in advance for your help
Alberto
Jezebel

Word doesn't support page-level tracking. In theory you could insert section
breaks before and after the page, then customise the header for that
section. But it's a heap of work for no return whatsoever. The readers
couldn't care less, and it does nothing for your control system except make
the auditors rich. Tell the client to forget about it.

"Alberto" wrote in message
Hi everyone

I have a customer that works with a customized template (used to build
master documents). In the header, the template has a table with some
fields
that is part of that document (The logo, Document Code, Page x of y,
Section,
Chapter, Revision Nr, etc.).

This customer works with master documents using the same customized
template
for each linked document.

If the customer makes a change on any field present in the header, that
change will be seen on every page of that document. Everything is fine
until
here.

The customer makes a change in one page. Changes should be registered in
the
"Revision Nr." on the header.

But (this is the rough part), this customer wants to be able to change the
"Revision Nr." just only on the changed page, leaving intact "Revision
Nr."