Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Norman Swartz Norman Swartz is offline

Default File saved with newest WinWord won't open in WinWord 2000

At work I saved a file, to a thumbdrive, using the latest version
(whichever that is) of WinWord running under Vista. At home, I am
running WinWord 2000 under Windows XP SP2. The file will not open
at home and I won't have access to the computer at work for the
next two days. Is there any way to get the file to open in Winword
2000?

Many thanks.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

You could have saved the file at work in Word 97-2003 format, but, since you
didn't, you'll need to download the Office Compatibility Pack from
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/d...displaylang=en.