Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Dianne Griffin Dianne Griffin is offline

Default Word 2007 Mail Merge Labels skips fields using update fields

How do I solve this problem? I use the wizard to create a mail merge label
document but after connecting to a Excel list of 18 contacts it puts only two
to a page. The Avery grid has 3 across and 10 down on a page.
--
Dianne Griffin
Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

Have you done the "Propagate Labels" step (if so, when you preview, you
should see your 18 labels) ?

If your PC has any tablet/media player functionality there is a problem in
this area (although normally you get a some labels on the top row and some
on the bottom) - see http://tips.pjmsn.me.uk/t0005.htm

--
Peter Jamieson
http://tips.pjmsn.me.uk

"Dianne Griffin" wrote in message
How do I solve this problem? I use the wizard to create a mail merge label
document but after connecting to a Excel list of 18 contacts it puts only
two
to a page. The Avery grid has 3 across and 10 down on a page.
--
Dianne Griffin

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

See where what you are doing differs from
http://www.gmayor.com/merge_labels_with_word_2007.htm (though note Peter's
comment about Tablet PCs).

Dianne Griffin wrote:
How do I solve this problem? I use the wizard to create a mail merge
label document but after connecting to a Excel list of 18 contacts it
puts only two to a page. The Avery grid has 3 across and 10 down on a
page.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Dianne Griffin Dianne Griffin is offline

Thank you, I was using a Tablet PC. I have just found the information
indicating the bug and work around.

It is great to know someone can answer my questions!
--
Dianne Griffin