Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
winefinder winefinder is offline

Default How do I show Word document Header/footer in an email attachment?

I have attempted to send an email (Outlook 2003) with an attached Word
document but the receiver cannot see the Header/Footer of the Word document
(my company logo)
- What am I doing wrong?

Bruce

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

In Word, headers and footers are not visible in Normal view or Web
Layout view. You can't really control the Word view that your recipient
opens your attachment in, because that is a setting in the recipient's
computer. To see the header/footer, the recipient needs to switch to
Print Layout view, or if already there, then in Word 2003 or earlier the
recipient needs to click on Tools | Options | View | check the "White
space between pages" box | OK.

winefinder wrote:

I have attempted to send an email (Outlook 2003) with an attached Word
document but the receiver cannot see the Header/Footer of the Word document
(my company logo)
- What am I doing wrong?

Bruce

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
DOsser DOsser is offline

winefinder wrote:
I have attempted to send an email (Outlook 2003) with an attached Word
document but the receiver cannot see the Header/Footer of the Word document
(my company logo)
- What am I doing wrong?

Bruce

Should have nothing to do with the fact that it's email.

Have you simply sent it to yourself to see if comes back ok?

Does the header/footer use a font that your recipients don't have?
or is the logo a graphic or other element that you've somehow linked
to on your own system rather than including it in the document (I
don't know if that's even possible)?

- DOSser