Jim Mulenos

Default insert file with 2-columns following 1-column page

1) Using Word 2000 I create a document in a 1-column format. Ok.

2) I go to the end of that document and InsertFile a doc previously
created in a 2-column format. Ok.

3) The 2-column format of the inserted document _changes_ to 1-column
format. Problem!

Question: How do I preserve the 2-column format of the inserted document?
Thank you in advance. Jim

Jim Mulenos

Jezebel

Great clue. This works by inserting TWO section breaks between them:

First, a section break next page at the end of the first doc, and

Last, a section break continuous at the beginning of the second doc

Many thanks! Jim

Actually, you need to insert a section break (Continuous) at the end of the
file to be inserted and a section break (Continuous or Next Page, as
required) at the end of the document before the insertion point where you
want to insert the file. See
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Formatting...thSections.htm

"Jim Mulenos" wrote in message
Jezebel

Great clue. This works by inserting TWO section breaks between them:

First, a section break next page at the end of the first doc, and

Last, a section break continuous at the beginning of the second doc

Many thanks! Jim

Jim Mulenos

Suzanne, thank you

Jim