Steve

Default Highlighting In A Doc

A couple of questions -------

1. When I highlight something in a doc and try to extend the highlight down
past the bottom of the screen, the doc goes flying by to the bottom of the
doc. How can I control the speed of highlighting a portion of the doc below
the bottom of the screen?

2. Is there a way to highlight one line, scroll down the doc and click on a
line to have everything between the highlighted line and the click point
become highlighted?

3. Is there a way to highlight non-contiguous parts of a doc? ie, highlight
some lines, do something, scroll down and highlight some more lines and
leave the lines in-between unhighlighted.

Thanks!

Steve

Jay Freedman

Hi Steve,

The answer to #2 is also the best answer to #1: Click at the beginning
of the selection, use the scroll bar (or the mouse wheel if you have
one) to bring the end into view, and hold the Shift key while you
click there. The speed-scrolling has been brought under control
(finally!) in Word 2002/2003.

To make a non-contiguous selection -- again, only in 2002/2003 -- hold
the Ctrl key while you add pieces after the first.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

On Tue, 11 Jan 2005 01:42:38 GMT, "Steve" wrote:

A couple of questions -------

1. When I highlight something in a doc and try to extend the highlight down
past the bottom of the screen, the doc goes flying by to the bottom of the
doc. How can I control the speed of highlighting a portion of the doc below
the bottom of the screen?

2. Is there a way to highlight one line, scroll down the doc and click on a
line to have everything between the highlighted line and the click point
become highlighted?

3. Is there a way to highlight non-contiguous parts of a doc? ie, highlight
some lines, do something, scroll down and highlight some more lines and
leave the lines in-between unhighlighted.

Thanks!

Steve

TF

1. Hold down the Shift key and use the Page Down or Down Arrow keys.

--
Terry Farrell - Word MVP
http://word.mvps.org/

"Steve" wrote in message
nk.net...
:A couple of questions -------
:
[...]

Pop

click there. The speed-scrolling has been brought under control
(finally!) in Word 2002/2003.

Umm, nope, not in 2k2, anyway. I have every fix/SP applied and it still =
does it. If there's a control for it anywhere, and I don't think there =
is, I've never come across it. Maybe on slower machines, but it's not =
controlled on mine, a 2.6 GHz. =20

Pop