Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
twoods403 twoods403 is offline

Default schdmapi.dll missing in mail merge feature; detect & repair not wo

Hello,

I need some help please. I am trying to run a mail merge in Office 2003
Professional and when I click on data source and select Outlook as my source,
I get an error message stating that I am missing schdmapi.dll. I tried
detect & repair and this did not replace the file. Then I found a download
of it, downloaded it, but did not know where to put it on my PC.

Does anyone have any advice on how to correct this?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

See if you can get around the issue by initiating the merge from Outlook

See the "Mailmerge from Outlook" item on fellow MVP Graham Mayor's website
at:

http://www.gmayor.com/mailmerge_from_outlook.htm

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

"twoods403" wrote in message
Hello,

I need some help please. I am trying to run a mail merge in Office 2003
Professional and when I click on data source and select Outlook as my
source,
I get an error message stating that I am missing schdmapi.dll. I tried
detect & repair and this did not replace the file. Then I found a
download
of it, downloaded it, but did not know where to put it on my PC.

Does anyone have any advice on how to correct this?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

If you had downloaded schdmapi.dll from the link on my web site -
http://www.gmayor.com/mail_merge_lab...th_word_xp.htm installation
instructions are included. However it goes in the \Windows\System32 folder
(Windows XP)

twoods403 wrote:
Hello,

I need some help please. I am trying to run a mail merge in Office
2003 Professional and when I click on data source and select Outlook
as my source, I get an error message stating that I am missing
schdmapi.dll. I tried detect & repair and this did not replace the
file. Then I found a download of it, downloaded it, but did not know
where to put it on my PC.

Does anyone have any advice on how to correct this?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
twoods403 twoods403 is offline

Default schdmapi.dll missing in mail merge feature; detect & repair no

Hi Graham and Doug,

Thanks for the info. Graham, I downloaded your file from your link and put
it in the Windows folder. Word now recognizes the Outlook address book! Now
I just need to figure out how to do a mail merge document, which I might try
from the Outlook per your instructions in the link. Word does not give me an
option to do an email message from within mail merge. Do you know if I can
put a distribution list in anywhere in a mail merge or if there is an update
to Word someplace that would give me the option to do an email merge?

Much thanks for all of your help!

twoods403 wrote:
Hello,

I need some help please. I am trying to run a mail merge in Office
2003 Professional and when I click on data source and select Outlook
as my source, I get an error message stating that I am missing
schdmapi.dll. I tried detect & repair and this did not replace the
file. Then I found a download of it, downloaded it, but did not know
where to put it on my PC.

Does anyone have any advice on how to correct this?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

For this...

....see if the instructions at http://tips.pjmsn.me.uk/t0002.htm help.

Do you know if I can
put a distribution list in anywhere in a mail merge

Mail merge basically lets you produce one email for each contact that you
select. You can't specify an Outlook distribution list as the data source
for a merge.
--
Peter Jamieson
http://tips.pjmsn.me.uk

twoods403 wrote:
Hello,

I need some help please. I am trying to run a mail merge in Office
2003 Professional and when I click on data source and select Outlook
as my source, I get an error message stating that I am missing
schdmapi.dll. I tried detect & repair and this did not replace the
file. Then I found a download of it, downloaded it, but did not know
where to put it on my PC.

Does anyone have any advice on how to correct this?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
manneck manneck is offline

Mr. Mayor - I am stumped. I have been getting the schdmapi.dll is missing
error when I try to do a mail merge from Outlook. I have the contacts set up
properly, I downloaded that piece from your website to the
C:\windows\system32 folder, unstalled it, rebooted, and am still getting the
error. I cannot fix this. Whatever help you can give me I appreciate. Melody
Eckert