Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Vicky Vicky is offline

Default Saving Word 2007 to CD

I seem to recall that in prior versions of Word you could save to CD. Is
this a change in 2007? Sure would be nice for those things you don't want
on one's hard drive. Thanks!
--
Vicky
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Richard in AZ Richard in AZ is offline

"Vicky" wrote in message
I seem to recall that in prior versions of Word you could save to CD. Is
this a change in 2007? Sure would be nice for those things you don't want
on one's hard drive. Thanks!
--
Vicky

Unless you have "packet writing" capability in a CD burning program. One that will pre-format the
CD, you can not save any file directly to a CD.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

You couldn't do this in earlier versions without serious risk of document
corruption.

Never ever read from, write to, or print from removable media with Word.
These are the most certain methods of ensuring document corruption.

Copy to the hard disc and work on the document from there.

Vicky wrote:
I seem to recall that in prior versions of Word you could save to CD.
Is this a change in 2007? Sure would be nice for those things you
don't want on one's hard drive. Thanks!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Vicky Vicky is offline

thanks for the advice. I guess the only way to keep sensitive information
out of the wrong hands is to use word on an offline computer - that's what I
was trying to do. Have a great day!
--
Vicky

Vicky wrote:
I seem to recall that in prior versions of Word you could save to CD.
Is this a change in 2007? Sure would be nice for those things you
don't want on one's hard drive. Thanks!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
JoAnn Paules[_2_] JoAnn Paules[_2_] is offline

The only way to keep sensitive information safe is to make sure you are the
ONLY user of a computer.

--

JoAnn Paules
Microsoft MVP - Publisher

How to ask a question
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/555375

Vicky wrote:
I seem to recall that in prior versions of Word you could save to CD.
Is this a change in 2007? Sure would be nice for those things you
don't want on one's hard drive. Thanks!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Panic Panic is offline

Why not just buy a flash drive? You can get them cheap. Then save to your
flash drive and put it in your pocket.

Vicky wrote:
I seem to recall that in prior versions of Word you could save to CD.
Is this a change in 2007? Sure would be nice for those things you
don't want on one's hard drive. Thanks!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Vicky Vicky is offline

Thanks everyone. JoAnn, looks like the flashdrive is a great solution. Will
check it out for my pc.
--
Vicky

Vicky wrote:
I seem to recall that in prior versions of Word you could save to CD.
Is this a change in 2007? Sure would be nice for those things you
don't want on one's hard drive. Thanks!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
JoAnn Paules[_2_] JoAnn Paules[_2_] is offline

I bought a small purse/cell phone case that came with a key chain with a
lipstick case. I rarely wear lipstick but I've found that it's the perfect
size for a flash drive. This way I will always have one with me. There have
been times when I've been at a friend's home or at Mom's and I wanted a file
they had. I would email it to myself. Now I can just pop in my drive and go.
:-)

--

Vicky wrote:
I seem to recall that in prior versions of Word you could save to
CD.
Is this a change in 2007? Sure would be nice for those things you
don't want on one's hard drive. Thanks!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Miss Angela Miss Angela is offline

I know this is really late in the game but This information would have been
great about 2 weeks ago... I think my new employer was putting me to the
test! So ya can't save a word document to a cd when I was specifically asked
to do just that...
And my computer just doesn't have what it takes... And I will have to say
that so far... I hate word!

"Richard in AZ" wrote:

"Vicky" wrote in message
I seem to recall that in prior versions of Word you could save to CD. Is
this a change in 2007? Sure would be nice for those things you don't want
on one's hard drive. Thanks!
--
Vicky

Unless you have "packet writing" capability in a CD burning program. One that will pre-format the
CD, you can not save any file directly to a CD.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Beth Melton Beth Melton is offline

Do you hate it because you're unable to write to a CD? If that's the case it
wouldn't matter which program you are using. :-)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Beth Melton
Microsoft Office MVP
https://mvp.support.microsoft.com/profile/Melton
What is a Microsoft MVP? http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/gp/mvpfaqs

Guides for the Office 2007 Interface:
http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/tr...295841033.aspx

"Miss Angela" Miss wrote in message
And I will have to say
that so far... I hate word!

"Richard in AZ" wrote:
Unless you have "packet writing" capability in a CD burning program. One
that will pre-format the
CD, you can not save any file directly to a CD.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
JoAnn Paules JoAnn Paules is offline

Chances are your new employer isn't aware that saving to any removeable
media is a really bad practice. As for the computer, no clue if it "has what
it takes". That depends on what it has and what you need to be able to do.As
for Word 2007....take a little time to get accustomed to it. I despised the
moment I saw the first screen shot of it. I'm getting used to it though and
I know that when my employer switches to Office 2007, I will be able to hit
the ground running instead of b*tching about how I can't find anything (like
my coworkers will be). ;-)

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]