Closson

Default mail merge not printing but viewable

HELP! I merged fields from an Excel spreadsheet to create labels. When I go
to print preview, all the names/addresses are viewable and correct. However,
when I go to print, a blank page is printed...no labels. Everything is setup
correctly, so why not labels? I would appreciate any assistance. Thank you!
Doug Robbins

Try executing the merge to a new document and print that.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP
"Closson" wrote in message
HELP! I merged fields from an Excel spreadsheet to create labels. When I
go
to print preview, all the names/addresses are viewable and correct.
However,
when I go to print, a blank page is printed...no labels. Everything is
setup
correctly, so why not labels? I would appreciate any assistance. Thank
you!

DickW

I have a similar problem. I merged to a new Word2002 document. The new
document disokays the data for 4 pages of labels. However, when I print it, I
get a single blank page. What have I done wrong?

"Closson" wrote in message
HELP! I merged fields from an Excel spreadsheet to create labels. When I
go
to print preview, all the names/addresses are viewable and correct.
However,
when I go to print, a blank page is printed...no labels. Everything is
setup
correctly, so why not labels? I would appreciate any assistance. Thank
you!

DickW

Graham, thank you for your reply. After stepping through the process, I
discovered I had inadvertently deleted the Next Record field. After
repairing that, I can print out the labels.

Now I have an issue with extra rows of labels printing on a page. The merged
document shows Section Break Next Page at the correct places, but the hard
copy print has the next row printing. I am using Avery 5167 labels. Instead
of 20 rows per page, it is printing 21. Any ideas? Thanks.

"Closson" wrote in message
HELP! I merged fields from an Excel spreadsheet to create labels.
When I go
to print preview, all the names/addresses are viewable and correct.
However,
when I go to print, a blank page is printed...no labels.
Everything is setup
correctly, so why not labels? I would appreciate any assistance.
Thank you!

Graham Mayor

Check that the paper sizes in the printer options and page settings of the
label document are the same.

"Doug Robbins" wrote:

Try executing the merge to a new document and print that.

--
Hope this helps.

Please reply to the newsgroup unless you wish to avail yourself of
my services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP