Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Courtney Courtney is offline

Default How can I recover a file that I accidentally replaced?

I accidentally had two different files with the same name. By saving the
second one, I replaced the first one which I need. How do I fix this?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Unless you have it backed up, it's gone.

If the "second one" is still open and it originally was "the first one",
it's possible that you can press Ctrl+Z (undo) repeatedly to undo the
changes that led to the revised version. If so, then press Ctrl+Z until you
get back to where you were, then save that version under a new name.

Otherwise, a backup copy is your only hope. If you have backups turned on in
Word, look for files named Backup*.wbk.

--
Herb Tyson MS MVP
http://www.herbtyson.com