Typalot

Default Many of my Auto Correct and Auto Text entries are gone. I did not.

I have Word 2000. Many auto correct and auto text entries are gone!.. This
involved sooo much work. Does anyone know how this could happen? If so, why.
Also, can I regain them somehow without having to go through all that work
again? Thank you .
Charles Kenyon

Probably your normal.dot was overwritten somehow. This is the default
storage location for AutoText and the only location for formatted
AutoCorrect entries. In the future, you can store your AutoText in a
different global template and make backups of your AutoCorrect entries using
the utility on the MVP FAQ site.

See http://addbalance.com/word/movetotemplate.htm for step-by-step
instructions on moving / sharing / copying / backing-up customizations
including AutoText, AutoCorrect, keyboard assignments, toolbars, macros,
etc.
--

Charles Kenyon

from my ignorance and your wisdom.

"Typalot" wrote in message
I have Word 2000. Many auto correct and auto text entries are gone!..
This
involved sooo much work. Does anyone know how this could happen? If so,
why.
Also, can I regain them somehow without having to go through all that work
again? Thank you .

If you have Word set to make a backup automatically (Tools | Options |
Save), look in the user templates folder for "Backup of Normal.wbk," which
will be the previous version of Normal.dot. You should be able to retrieve
custom AutoText entries from it using the Organizer. Copy it to a safe
location first, then rename the existing Normal.dot to force Word to
generate a fresh copy (which will include the standard AutoText entries),
then copy the custom ones into it.

"Charles Kenyon" wrote in
message ...