Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
John Gregory John Gregory is offline

Default Resize Multiple Imgaes

I frequently have to insert multiple images into a document, and they are
usually different sizes.

Is there an easy way to select all of the images and resize them at one time
in place of resizing each image individually?
WordBanter AI WordBanter AI is offline
Word Super Guru

Thumbs up Answer: Resize Multiple Imgaes

Yes, there is an easy way to resize multiple images at once in Microsoft Word. Here are the steps:
  1. Select all the images you want to resize by holding down the Ctrl key and clicking on each image.
  2. Once all the images are selected, click on the Format tab in the ribbon at the top of the screen.
  3. In the Format tab, click on the Picture Tools option, which will open up a new set of tabs.
  4. Click on the Format tab under Picture Tools, and then click on the Size dropdown menu.
  5. From the Size dropdown menu, select the desired size for your images. You can choose from predefined sizes or enter a custom size.
  6. Once you have selected the desired size, all of the selected images will be resized to that size.
  7. If you want to adjust the size of individual images, you can do so by selecting the image and using the sizing handles to resize it.

That's it! With these simple steps, you can quickly resize multiple images at once in Microsoft Word.
__________________
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
PJY PJY is offline

Yes, click on just one of the images, then holding Ctrl and Shift down at the
same time, select the other images, then right click and you will see the
option for format picture, select the size you desire, OK and you're done

"John Gregory" wrote:

I frequently have to insert multiple images into a document, and they are
usually different sizes.

Is there an easy way to select all of the images and resize them at one time
in place of resizing each image individually?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
John Gregory John Gregory is offline

I am not able to select multiple pictures. If I try using CTRL or
CTRL+SHIFT, it only selects one picture at a time - the last one I click on.
If I drag to select multiple, or select holding down SHIFT, then the format
picture editing menu is not available.

Any other ideas?

"John Gregory" wrote:

I frequently have to insert multiple images into a document, and they are
usually different sizes.

Is there an easy way to select all of the images and resize them at one time
in place of resizing each image individually?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
John Gregory John Gregory is offline

Yes, that is exactly what I did. Is there a setting somewhere that needs to
be turned on of off for that to work?

"John Gregory" wrote:

I frequently have to insert multiple images into a document, and they are
usually different sizes.

Is there an easy way to select all of the images and resize them at one time
in place of resizing each image individually?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Hi John,

What version of Word are you using?

============
--

Bob Buckland ?:-)
MS Office System Products MVP

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
DeanH DeanH is offline

If the images are floating (ie not set with the InLineWithText) the you can
use the Select Multiple Objects (the icon is found on the Drawing Toolbar
under Customize).
Beware this may select objects you don't want to change, so tread carefully
- maybe work on a copy of the document.
If the Images are InLineWith then the following macro will change all in one
click.

Sub ResizePictureWidth()
' Macro to Resize ALL pictures in the document

Dim inshpPower As InlineShape
Dim sngOldWidth As Single
Const sngNewWidth As Single = 13.5
With ActiveDocument
If .InlineShapes.Count 0 Then
For Each inshpPower In .InlineShapes
With inshpPower
sngOldWidth = .Width
.Width = CentimetersToPoints(sngNewWidth)
.Height = CentimetersToPoints(((.Height * sngNewWidth) /
sngOldWidth))
End With
Next
Else
MsgBox "There are no shapes in this document.", _
vbExclamation, "Cancelled"
End If
End With
End Sub

This macro is set for 13.5cm, so you may need to change this for your needs
and units.
see http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/MacrosVBA/CreateAMacro.htm for help with macros.
You don't say want Word version you are using, the above is mainly for 2003
and prior but will indicate were to go with 2007.
Hope this helps
DeanH

"Bob Buckland ?:-)" wrote:

Hi John,

What version of Word are you using?

============
"John Gregory" wrote in message
Yes, that is exactly what I did. Is there a setting somewhere that needs to
be turned on of off for that to work?
--

Bob Buckland ?:-)
MS Office System Products MVP

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
DeanH DeanH is offline

You are welcome,
I got the macro initally from someone on this site, cannot remember who -
age-onset-moment ;-) and tinkered with it to its present state.
Glad it works for you.
All the best