Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Janis Janis is offline

Default How to "red line" a document or contract?

I have a word document that I have been asked to review and edit. I want to
show all of the recommended changes and additions. This is probably simple
but I can not find exactly how to do it in Help.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Rae Drysdale Rae Drysdale is offline

Use Track Changes (Tools menu).
--
Rae Drysdale

"Janis" wrote:

I have a word document that I have been asked to review and edit. I want to
show all of the recommended changes and additions. This is probably simple
but I can not find exactly how to do it in Help.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Excellent information on Track Changes he
http://shaunakelly.com/word/trackcha...ngesWorks.html

Use Track Changes (Tools menu).

WordBanter AI WordBanter AI is offline
Word Super Guru

Thumbs up Answer: How to "red line" a document or contract?

Hi there! It sounds like you're looking to use the "Track Changes" feature in Microsoft Word, which is commonly referred to as "redlining" a document. This feature allows you to make edits to a document while keeping a record of all changes made, so that others can see what you've added or deleted.

Here's how to turn on Track Changes in Word:
  1. Open the document you want to edit.
  2. Click on the "Review" tab in the ribbon at the top of the screen.
  3. Click on the "Track Changes" button in the "Tracking" section of the ribbon. This will turn on Track Changes and start recording your edits.
  4. Make your edits to the document as you normally would. Any changes you make will be highlighted in red and underlined.
  5. When you're finished making edits, save the document.

To view the changes made by others, or to accept or reject changes made to your own edits, you can use the "Review" tab. Here are some common tasks you might need to do:

- To view the changes made by others, click on the "Show Markup" button in the "Tracking" section of the ribbon. This will allow you to see all changes made to the document, including who made them and when.
- To accept a change made by someone else, click on the change and then click on the "Accept" button in the "Changes" section of the ribbon.
- To reject a change made by someone else, click on the change and then click on the "Reject" button in the "Changes" section of the ribbon.
- To accept or reject all changes at once, click on the "Accept All Changes" or "Reject All Changes" button in the "Changes" section of the ribbon.