Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
MG MG is offline

Default uneven spacing between characters

In word 2003, every so many words in a document will have an uneven spacing
between a couple characters. I have searched through other people's posts on
this issue and the solutions have not helped me. 1. the character spacing
option under font when I right-click on the word is already set to normal.
2. the odd spacing occurs in any view-mode. 3. closing, reopening,
restarting, etc. has no effect. 4. I have the latest updates for word 2003.
5. the odd spacing is not specific to one document, but occurs in new
documents I compose as well as in existing word 2000/XP documents that I open
in 2003. 6. general paragraph formatting is set to Normal or Clear
Formatting. 7. I have the correct printer driver, although I have not
checked to see if the spaces appear in the printed document (this is a mobile
computer and the printer is not with me at the moment).

If anyone has any suggestions as to the source of the problem, please let me
know. Could it be from any interaction with screen resolution, other
software, etc.? I'm running XP pro with the latest system specs and a
widescreen 1280x800.

Thanks,
MG
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

The print layout view is not WYSIWYG so this may not mean anything. Check
the output in print preview, with a decent level of magnification. If all is
not well there, check for an updated printer driver.