Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Marky Boy Marky Boy is offline

Default Single Letter Filenames

I'm running Office 97 on Windows XP.

When i try and save a document in Word, the file name that appears in the
Save As box is reduced to a single letter. And when you enter the required
file name in the box and save it, when you look for the file in My Documents
or wherever it has been stored, the filename appears as a single (the first)
letter.

Any ideas?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

With Word closed, use Windows Explorer or My Computer to find the
WINWORD.EXE file on your hard drive. Right-click on winword.exe,
then left-click on Properties | Compatibility. If the "Run this
program in compatibility mode" box is checked, uncheck it.