Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Bob Bob is offline

Default best logo file type to use when setting up stationery

I'm trying to set up some stationery in MS Word and I need to know the best
type of logo file to import to get the higher resolution output and move it
around so it doesn't shift the text I'm typing in.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
CyberTaz CyberTaz is offline

Image file format to use is dependent on the composition of the logo. If it
is vector "line art" that uses solid color areas, PNG or GIF may be okay &
are relatively small file sizes. As long as the logo doesn't get stretched
in Word it doesn't have to be hight res.

However, if there are variable shadings or transitional tones (gradients,
blending, photographic elements, etc.) you'll need to use JPEG, TIFF, or
EPS. The latter are going to be rather large image files because of the
volume of color information they maintain, but they offer the best
resolution, fidelity & stability.

You may also have to take color accuracy into account - if specific colors
are required due to patents, copyright, etc. Keep in mind that Word doesn't
[readily] support CMYK process or spot colors.

Also, graphics file format has nothing to do with the "shifting" you refer
to. *All* objects - shapes, pictures, tables, charts - are a part of the
text flow in some way. You might want to start here for some insights:

http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/DrawingGraphics.htm
--
HTH |:)
Bob Jones

"bob" wrote in message
I'm trying to set up some stationery in MS Word and I need to know the
best
type of logo file to import to get the higher resolution output and move
it
around so it doesn't shift the text I'm typing in.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Joshua Joshua is offline

Cyber posted some very help information, but something else that may be
important.

The only two file formats that I know of that currently support
Transparency for Office Documents are PNG and GIF.

GIF are not a good solution for high color or shaded pictures, but PNG
is a pretty good all around format. It tends to be a slight bit larger
than JPG.

Cyber good explanation btw

bob wrote:
Thank you this helped a lot