Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
fhf_Ironic2

Default How do I write a rough draft

I have to write a 1000 word rough draft and am not sure how to begin. I am
working in Microsoft Word
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jay Freedman

For a task like this, Word is just a tool -- not very different from a
pencil and paper, or a typewriter. It doesn't tell you how to write or
what to write. Also, this newsgroup is for questions about the
mechanics of Word documents, not about their content.

Word can help you with the "1000 words" part by counting the words
that you write. (Click the Tools menu and select Word Count.) It can
help you to make sure the words you write are correctly spelled, and
it will make a guess (but little more than that) at whether your
grammar is correct. As to what you write, that's entirely your job.

Do you have a topic to start with? Is the document supposed to be
fiction or fact or opinion? Do you have any knowledge of the topic, or
do you need to do some research first? Once you know the answers to
these very basic questions, you might find that a good way to start is
to make an outline, which you can then fill in with paragraphs of
text. Word can help with the mechanics of the outline; see
http://www.word.mvps.org/FAQs/Format...singOLView.htm for a
description.

--
Regards,