Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
williamfisher williamfisher is offline

Default shift plus underscore makes a full line I can't delete

I want to make a small line, say about two inches long, as a text separator.
If I hold the keys to long an automatic line appears right across the page,
and I can't delete this line.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Hello William

williamfisher wrote:
I want to make a small line, say about two inches long, as a text separator.
If I hold the keys to long an automatic line appears right across the page,
and I can't delete this line.

see:

There is a line in my document that I can't delete because I can't
select it. How did it get there, and what can I do about it? (by Suzanne
Barnhill and Dave Rado)
http://word.mvps.org/faqs/formatting...tRidOfLine.htm

Good luck
Robert