Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
TWalker1957 TWalker1957 is offline

Default Does anyone know where I can find a template for form 1099 & 1096

I am trying to find a template that will allow me to enter data for forms
1099 and 1096. I have the preprinted forms but no typewriter to type the
information in with. Don't want to purchase a typewriter just to do a couple
of tax forms and don't want to hand write them.
WordBanter AI WordBanter AI is offline
Word Super Guru

Thumbs up Answer: Does anyone know where I can find a template for form 1099 & 1096

Yes, you can find templates for form 1099 and 1096 in Microsoft Word. Here are the steps to find and use them:
  1. Open Microsoft Word and click on "File" in the top left corner.
  2. Click on "New" to open the "New Document" window.
  3. In the search bar, type "1099" or "1096" and press enter.
  4. You should see a list of templates for the forms. Choose the one that best fits your needs and click on it to open it.
  5. The template will open in a new document. You can now enter your data into the form fields.
  6. Once you have entered all of your data, you can print the form onto your preprinted forms.

If you don't see a template that fits your needs, you can also create your own form using the "Developer" tab in Microsoft Word. Here are the steps to do that:
  1. Click on the "File" tab and select "Options."
  2. In the "Options" window, select "Customize Ribbon" on the left-hand side.
  3. Check the box next to "Developer" in the right-hand column and click "OK."
  4. The "Developer" tab should now appear in the ribbon at the top of the screen.
  5. Click on the "Developer" tab and select "Legacy Forms" in the "Controls" group.
  6. Choose the type of form field you want to add to your document (e.g. text box, check box, drop-down list, etc.).
  7. Click and drag to create the form field on your document.
  8. Repeat steps 5-7 for each form field you want to add.
  9. Once you have added all of your form fields, you can enter your data into the fields and print the form onto your preprinted forms.
__________________
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Easier than doing it in Word, you can get fillable/printable forms in PDF
format from www.irs.gov.

http://www.irs.gov/app/picklist/list...scending=false

I found 1066 he

http://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-pdf/f1066.pdf

There are several different 1099s, though, so you'll need to look through
them to find the one you want.

--
Herb Tyson MS MVP
Author of the Word 2007 Bible

"TWalker1957" wrote in message
I am trying to find a template that will allow me to enter data for forms
1099 and 1096. I have the preprinted forms but no typewriter to type the
information in with. Don't want to purchase a typewriter just to do a
couple
of tax forms and don't want to hand write them.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
sjstarkey sjstarkey is offline

I found a template on this site for the 1099. You have to have office 2007 to
use it, but if you do not have office 2007 you can downlaod a trial version
for 60 days for free. The template great.

I am looking for a 1096 template, but haven't found one.

"TWalker1957" wrote:

I am trying to find a template that will allow me to enter data for forms
1099 and 1096. I have the preprinted forms but no typewriter to type the
information in with. Don't want to purchase a typewriter just to do a couple
of tax forms and don't want to hand write them.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
[email protected] greathouseaz@gmail.com is offline

On Wednesday, January 28, 2009 9:37:40 AM UTC-7, TWalker1957 wrote:
I am trying to find a template that will allow me to enter data for forms
1099 and 1096. I have the preprinted forms but no typewriter to type the
information in with. Don't want to purchase a typewriter just to do a couple
of tax forms and don't want to hand write them.

Working on my dreaded 1099's. Decided to do them myself. Looked for a template but could not find one. Created one in Word. It includes the transmittal form. If you would like the template like me on Facebook and I'll send it to you.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
eliejulz eliejulz is offline

TWalker1957 wrote on 01/28/2009 11:37 ET :
I am trying to find a template that will allow me to enter data for forms
1099 and 1096. I have the preprinted forms but no typewriter to type the
information in with. Don't want to purchase a typewriter just to do a couple
of tax forms and don't want to hand write them.

Find blank and fillable 8821 forms at PDFfiller.
http://goo.gl/ub7sMD
You can fill the text fields, add a variety of checkmarks, digitally sign the
form and even add pictures. After your pdf form is completed, it can be
printed,
emailed, faxed or saved on your computer. You can even send fillable pdf forms
to your customers, employees, vendors and partners.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
[email protected] cdillinger@gmail.com is offline

On Sunday, February 3, 2013 9:24:47 PM UTC-5, wrote:
On Wednesday, January 28, 2009 9:37:40 AM UTC-7, TWalker1957 wrote: I am trying to find a template that will allow me to enter data for forms 1099 and 1096. I have the preprinted forms but no typewriter to type the information in with. Don't want to purchase a typewriter just to do a couple of tax forms and don't want to hand write them. Working on my dreaded 1099's. Decided to do them myself. Looked for a template but could not find one. Created one in Word. It includes the transmittal form. If you would like the template like me on Facebook and I'll send it to you.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
[email protected] cdillinger@gmail.com is offline

I've tried to make a Word template but can't seem to get the spacing right. Is there a secret to this or am I just missing it altogether?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
[email protected] srogers@omnimediaengineering.com is offline

On Wednesday, January 28, 2009 10:37:40 AM UTC-6, TWalker1957 wrote:
I am trying to find a template that will allow me to enter data for forms
1099 and 1096. I have the preprinted forms but no typewriter to type the
information in with. Don't want to purchase a typewriter just to do a couple
of tax forms and don't want to hand write them.

I use Excel to create my templates. For me, the spacing is a lot more controllable.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
[email protected] jocatherineblanco787@gmail.com is offline

On Wednesday, January 28, 2009 9:37:40 AM UTC-7, TWalker1957 wrote:
I am trying to find a template that will allow me to enter data for forms
1099 and 1096. I have the preprinted forms but no typewriter to type the
information in with. Don't want to purchase a typewriter just to do a couple
of tax forms and don't want to hand write them.

YES!!! Try This

http://strongdesignstudios.com/2013-...template-word/

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
[email protected] ivonne136@gmail.com is offline

On Monday, January 27, 2014 4:40:12 PM UTC-5, wrote:
On Wednesday, January 28, 2009 9:37:40 AM UTC-7, TWalker1957 wrote:

I am trying to find a template that will allow me to enter data for forms

1099 and 1096. I have the preprinted forms but no typewriter to type the

information in with. Don't want to purchase a typewriter just to do a couple

of tax forms and don't want to hand write them.

YES!!! Try This

http://strongdesignstudios.com/2013-...template-word/

Nice!! this worked perfectly
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
[email protected] tinamawla@gmail.com is offline

On Monday, January 27, 2014 at 1:40:12 PM UTC-8, wrote:
On Wednesday, January 28, 2009 9:37:40 AM UTC-7, TWalker1957 wrote:
I am trying to find a template that will allow me to enter data for forms
1099 and 1096. I have the preprinted forms but no typewriter to type the
information in with. Don't want to purchase a typewriter just to do a couple
of tax forms and don't want to hand write them.

YES!!! Try This

http://strongdesignstudios.com/2013-...template-word/

Thanks for much for posting this - you made my life much easier.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
[email protected] aljaracz@gmail.com is offline

On Monday, January 27, 2014 at 4:40:12 PM UTC-5, wrote:
On Wednesday, January 28, 2009 9:37:40 AM UTC-7, TWalker1957 wrote:
I am trying to find a template that will allow me to enter data for forms
1099 and 1096. I have the preprinted forms but no typewriter to type the
information in with. Don't want to purchase a typewriter just to do a couple
of tax forms and don't want to hand write them.

YES!!! Try This

http://strongdesignstudios.com/2013-...template-word/

Can you send me the template for your 1099 form?! Please
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
[email protected] thosemccullers@gmail.com is offline

On Monday, January 27, 2014 at 3:40:12 PM UTC-6, wrote:
On Wednesday, January 28, 2009 9:37:40 AM UTC-7, TWalker1957 wrote:
I am trying to find a template that will allow me to enter data for forms
1099 and 1096. I have the preprinted forms but no typewriter to type the
information in with. Don't want to purchase a typewriter just to do a couple
of tax forms and don't want to hand write them.

YES!!! Try This

http://strongdesignstudios.com/2013-...template-word/

Thank you so much for sharing! These are incredibly helpful!!!!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
[email protected] elisa@aigsg.com is offline

On Monday, January 27, 2014 at 4:40:12 PM UTC-5, wrote:
On Wednesday, January 28, 2009 9:37:40 AM UTC-7, TWalker1957 wrote:
I am trying to find a template that will allow me to enter data for forms
1099 and 1096. I have the preprinted forms but no typewriter to type the
information in with. Don't want to purchase a typewriter just to do a couple
of tax forms and don't want to hand write them.

YES!!! Try This

http://strongdesignstudios.com/2013-...template-word/

Great! It has both files, 1099-Misc & 1096...I gave them $10
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
[email protected] sandyarchard@gmail.com is offline

On Thursday, January 29, 2015 at 9:38:37 PM UTC-5, wrote:
On Monday, January 27, 2014 at 3:40:12 PM UTC-6, wrote:
On Wednesday, January 28, 2009 9:37:40 AM UTC-7, TWalker1957 wrote:
I am trying to find a template that will allow me to enter data for forms
1099 and 1096. I have the preprinted forms but no typewriter to type the
information in with. Don't want to purchase a typewriter just to do a couple
of tax forms and don't want to hand write them.

YES!!! Try This

http://strongdesignstudios.com/2013-...template-word/

Thank you so much for sharing! These are incredibly helpful!!!!

Can you please send me the link to the site? I can't find anything!! I know I'm late filing.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
[email protected] afterhoursdiesel@yahoo.com is offline

Feel like sharing the love. I need the template as well.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
jenel40%[email protected] jenel40%cableone.net@gtempaccount.com is offline

On Wednesday, January 28, 2009 at 9:37:40 AM UTC-7, TWalker1957 wrote:
I am trying to find a template that will allow me to enter data for forms
1099 and 1096. I have the preprinted forms but no typewriter to type the
information in with. Don't want to purchase a typewriter just to do a couple
of tax forms and don't want to hand write them.

Tried the stroongdesigns studios template and it did not work, wasted a few bucks
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
[email protected] bruceallen2017@gmail.com is offline

On Wednesday, January 28, 2009 at 11:37:40 AM UTC-5, TWalker1957 wrote:
I am trying to find a template that will allow me to enter data for forms
1099 and 1096. I have the preprinted forms but no typewriter to type the
information in with. Don't want to purchase a typewriter just to do a couple
of tax forms and don't want to hand write them.

www.irs1099form.com is an easy Excel template that works great if you have less than 25 1099s. You need to buy the red forms at an office supply store.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
[email protected] bruceallen2017@gmail.com is offline

On Wednesday, January 28, 2009 at 11:37:40 AM UTC-5, TWalker1957 wrote:
I am trying to find a template that will allow me to enter data for forms
1099 and 1096. I have the preprinted forms but no typewriter to type the
information in with. Don't want to purchase a typewriter just to do a couple
of tax forms and don't want to hand write them.

Try irs1099form.com for an Excel template for 1099s and 1096.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
[email protected] jfkundtz@gmail.com is offline

On Monday, January 27, 2014 at 3:40:12 PM UTC-6, wrote:
On Wednesday, January 28, 2009 9:37:40 AM UTC-7, TWalker1957 wrote:
I am trying to find a template that will allow me to enter data for forms
1099 and 1096. I have the preprinted forms but no typewriter to type the
information in with. Don't want to purchase a typewriter just to do a couple
of tax forms and don't want to hand write them.

YES!!! Try This

http://strongdesignstudios.com/2013-...template-word/

This worked; thanks for the tip.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Scott[_10_] Scott[_10_] is offline

Here's a better template that worked for me. Printed almost a dozen 1099-Misc forms and the 1098:

http://lucregate.com/irs-1099-misc-form-print-template/

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
[email protected] holly@hmquickbooks.com is offline

On Wednesday, January 28, 2009 at 8:37:40 AM UTC-8, TWalker1957 wrote:
I am trying to find a template that will allow me to enter data for forms
1099 and 1096. I have the preprinted forms but no typewriter to type the
information in with. Don't want to purchase a typewriter just to do a couple
of tax forms and don't want to hand write them.

If you are familiar with Word & Text Boxes this is my process. It takes about 15 minutes and easy to do with 1099 or 1096 ore-printed forms.

1. Scan a blank1099 or 1096 Form, insert in the image a blank word document as full size
2. Draw a text box (formatted to bring text in front of image *& alignment) for Payer's Address & complete
3. Copy & past that formatted text box to each box, resizing & revising info
4. Hold Shift + click each text box to select all text boxes, right click to 'Group boxes"
5. Select background 1099 image and delete
6. Print a test and see if lines up correctly, ungroup and move text box individually if needed

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
[email protected] michael@vinome.com is offline

On Tuesday, January 31, 2017 at 8:59:27 AM UTC-8, wrote:
[...]

FINALLY!!! Someone who answered the question and provided what was asked for.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Sara Bonnar Sara Bonnar is offline

I can merge your Excel data with Word so you can print a Word doc onto the 1099 forms. You would need to purchase the forms from a company such as Deluxe. My email is .
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
[email protected] harry@horak.us is offline

On Wednesday, January 28, 2009 at 10:37:40 AM UTC-6, TWalker1957 wrote:
I am trying to find a template that will allow me to enter data for forms
1099 and 1096. I have the preprinted forms but no typewriter to type the
information in with. Don't want to purchase a typewriter just to do a couple
of tax forms and don't want to hand write them

Try this:
https://ufile.io/b43192

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
[email protected] mparce10203@gmail.com is offline

Thanks for posting! Hopefully I can accomplish this!!!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
[email protected] alvaradoperla85@gmail.com is offline

On Monday, January 27, 2014 at 2:40:12 PM UTC-7, wrote:
On Wednesday, January 28, 2009 9:37:40 AM UTC-7, TWalker1957 wrote:
I am trying to find a template that will allow me to enter data for forms
1099 and 1096. I have the preprinted forms but no typewriter to type the
information in with. Don't want to purchase a typewriter just to do a couple
of tax forms and don't want to hand write them.

YES!!! Try This

http://strongdesignstudios.com/2013-...template-word/

gOT IT !!!! Saved me time and money . Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
[email protected] kaydee@spanenterprises.com is offline

On Wednesday, January 28, 2009 at 11:37:40 AM UTC-5, TWalker1957 wrote:
I am trying to find a template that will allow me to enter data for forms
1099 and 1096. I have the preprinted forms but no typewriter to type the
information in with. Don't want to purchase a typewriter just to do a couple
of tax forms and don't want to hand write them.

Try TaxBandits.com you can complete and e-file the 1099 and W-2 forms all in one place!
Harriet27 Harriet27 is offline
Junior Member

Location: New York

Quote:
Originally Posted by TWalker1957 View Post
I am trying to find a template that will allow me to enter data for forms
1099 and 1096. I have the preprinted forms but no typewriter to type the
information in with. Don't want to purchase a typewriter just to do a couple
of tax forms and don't want to hand write them.
If you have any accounting software subscription you can get it from there. You can also a get one from "irs" website.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
[email protected] faxday1040@gmail.com is offline

On Tuesday, February 7, 2017 at 8:06:31 AM UTC-6, Sara B wrote:
I can merge your Excel data with Word so you can print a Word doc onto the 1099 forms. You would need to purchase the forms from a company such as Deluxe. My email is .

YOU CAN ORDER THE RED FORM FROM THE IRS FOR FREE. 10 BUSINESS DAYS TO ARRIVE.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
[email protected] bruceallen2017@gmail.com is offline

On Wednesday, January 28, 2009 at 11:37:40 AM UTC-5, TWalker1957 wrote:
I am trying to find a template that will allow me to enter data for forms
1099 and 1096. I have the preprinted forms but no typewriter to type the
information in with. Don't want to purchase a typewriter just to do a couple
of tax forms and don't want to hand write them.

irs1099form.com has a really simple Excel template that works great and is updated for 2017 1099-MISC. There is a quick video on the site to show you how it works. You control your data and you don't have to type your sensitive data onto someone else's website.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
[email protected] marinaklimok@gmail.com is offline

On Wednesday, January 28, 2009 at 8:37:40 AM UTC-8, TWalker1957 wrote:
I am trying to find a template that will allow me to enter data for forms
1099 and 1096. I have the preprinted forms but no typewriter to type the
information in with. Don't want to purchase a typewriter just to do a couple
of tax forms and don't want to hand write them.

Easy template that we use for the partnership. Print all our 1099-Misc forms and the 1096:

http://lucregate.com/irs-1099-misc-form-print-template/
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
dean dean is offline

On Monday, January 15, 2018 at 8:19:39 AM UTC-8, dancingbear wrote:

Our apologies for this and I've corrected the contact issue. If anyone else has an issue with the download, please reach out via lucregate.com contact page, we'll be happy to support.

Would also love to hear if we could make the form better or help with other small business tax-prep needs.

http://lucregate.com/irs-1099-misc-form-print-template/

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
[email protected] emendenhall@deanhouston.com is offline

On Wednesday, January 28, 2009 at 10:37:40 AM UTC-6, TWalker1957 wrote:
I am trying to find a template that will allow me to enter data for forms
1099 and 1096. I have the preprinted forms but no typewriter to type the
information in with. Don't want to purchase a typewriter just to do a couple
of tax forms and don't want to hand write them.

The lucregate.com is a RIP OFF! Don't bother wasting your $2.95, the template was not aligned properly and is unable to be unlocked to move the fields..
Follow the directions left here for doing text boxes in the word doc...that took a bit of time (had to scan the actual 1099 form and use it as a guide, then delete it from background. But...hey, at least it worked and is FREE! I'll try to get my $ back, but based on a couple other comments here, I doubt Lucre gate is the "refunding" type.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
[email protected] dean@kobke.com is offline

On Wednesday, January 17, 2018 at 12:55:13 PM UTC-8, wrote:
On Wednesday, January 28, 2009 at 10:37:40 AM UTC-6, TWalker1957 wrote:
I am trying to find a template that will allow me to enter data for forms
1099 and 1096. I have the preprinted forms but no typewriter to type the
information in with. Don't want to purchase a typewriter just to do a couple
of tax forms and don't want to hand write them.

We'll be happy to correct any issues that come up with mac platforms. If it is out of our control, we will gladly provide a refund.

http://lucregate.com/irs-1099-misc-form-print-template/