John Doue

Default Struggling with Text boxes

When I attempt to delete text in Text boxes (Word 2003) just by using
the delete key, I end up deleting the whole box. If I select the text I
need to delete and then delete it, every thing works OK. This problem
does not occur in Word 97. I have tried selecting and deselecting Word
wrap and Resize Autoshape, to no avail.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

John Doue
Gburya

John
To delete text in a text box you MUST be in the edit text mode. Meaning if
the text box has the gray shaded border around it you are NOT in edit text
mode. When you are in that mode you are editing the box itself. Therefore
you need to click within the box so you have a your cursor inside the box
just as if you were going to type new text. By doing this you will be
editing the content of the box and not the box itself. In this way all your
normal text writing keys will work properly.

"John Doue" wrote:

When I attempt to delete text in Text boxes (Word 2003) just by using
the delete key, I end up deleting the whole box. If I select the text I
need to delete and then delete it, every thing works OK. This problem
does not occur in Word 97. I have tried selecting and deselecting Word
wrap and Resize Autoshape, to no avail.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

John Doue

John Doue

"John Doue" wrote:

When I attempt to delete text in Text boxes (Word 2003) just by using
the delete key, I end up deleting the whole box. If I select the text I
need to delete and then delete it, every thing works OK. This problem
does not occur in Word 97. I have tried selecting and deselecting Word
wrap and Resize Autoshape, to no avail.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

John Doue

I am really grateful for this explanation, I was going nuts. I regret
Word 03 behaves this way (as opposed to Word 97) but understanding now
why, I'll get used to it. I had never noticed the change in the gray
shaded border (not very obvious unless you are looking for it).

Thanks again, you saved my day.
--
John Doue
Gburya

Jonn

You are welcome! I do this stuff day in and day out with both Word and
Excel. I really enjoy creating forms such as applications for things like
jobs and rental houses and etc in Excel. As an example, last time I moved and
was applying for a rental house, I got their application, went home and
recreated it in Excel. Then filled it out and printed it. Took it to them
and they were BLOWN AWAY! I do that when ever I have someting I am applying
for, and that usualy gets me what I want when I apply for almost anything!
So if you have more Q's I am happy to answer them. I get a kick out of
answering Q's... LOL.

Gburya