Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Becky Schu

Default How do I remove outline marks - I only want headings

I created an 80 page document. I used simple headings (1 & 2) to generate a
Table of Contents. Initially the document map followed the Table of contents
and it was great. Somehow when updating the TOC one time I think I forgot to
uncheck outlining. I now have outlining marks, which I really don't want
since they change the document map. I want the document map to look like the
TOC with only heading 1 & 2. I can't figure out how to fix this. I want to
remove outline marks.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Daiya Mitchell

I have no clue what you mean by outline marks, so your question doesn't
really make sense to me.

However, if you are getting phrases or sentences in your document map or TOC
that aren't actually headings, see here for cause, cure, and prevention:
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/General/DocumentMap.htm

--
Daiya Mitchell, MVP Mac/Word
Word FAQ: http://www.word.mvps.org/