Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
David David is offline

Default Reccomended Books for Learning TRULY Advanced Word 2007 Techniques

It seems like when people talk about "Advanced" Word 2007 techniques, they
are usually referring to templates, styles, building blocks, section breaks,
etc. While they may be complicated topics, when I search google for advanced
information, I'm trying to find stuff about using field codes, macros, and vb
script. I went to Barnes and Noble and looked through several Word 2007
books the other day and about the most "advanced" they ever got to discussing
was mail merge. Can any of you Word pros out there reccomend any books or
websites that teach advanced methods for using field codes, macros, vb
script, or similiar?

PS - I do have some programming experience, so I won't get too lost.
Hopefully.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

David wrote:
It seems like when people talk about "Advanced" Word 2007 techniques,
they are usually referring to templates, styles, building blocks,
section breaks, etc. While they may be complicated topics, when I
search google for advanced information, I'm trying to find stuff
about using field codes, macros, and vb script. I went to Barnes and
Noble and looked through several Word 2007 books the other day and
about the most "advanced" they ever got to discussing was mail merge.
Can any of you Word pros out there reccomend any books or websites
that teach advanced methods for using field codes, macros, vb script,
or similiar?

PS - I do have some programming experience, so I won't get too lost.
Hopefully.

If you like books, I'll recommend "Advanced Microsoft Office Documents 2007
Editioin Inside Out" by Stephanie Krieger
(http://www.amazon.com/Advanced-Micro...9783&sr= 8-1).

In addition, browse through the topics in the MVP site listed in my
signature.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman