Digby Morrison

Default When I select text to type over it my new text's inserted infront

This is not a problem with OVR or the insert key.

When I select text in Word, expecting that the new text I write will replace
the selected text, what actually happens is that the new text is inserted in
front of the selected text.

This is not how it works in all other installations I have ever used and I
know it originally worked the default way on this installation.

Any ideas what I've done and how to fix it?

Thanks,

Digby