Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
John Y H John Y H is offline

Default How do I change the dictionairy setting from French to English?

I have a document written in English However when I run the spell check it
seems that it is not looking in he English dictionary instead it 's looking
in the French dictionary. When I select "Options" from the "Tools" drop menu
the €śWriting Style:€ť are in French text. The tough part is that even if I
copy the text to a new document this portion of the copied text will inherit
the French dictionary unlike the rest of the document. Any solution?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Ctrl+A to Select All, then go to Tools | Language | Set Language and make
sure the language is set to the correct flavor of English. Clear the check
box for "Automatically detect language."