Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Aurora Aurora is offline

Default How do I create a pdf from Word with bleed and crop marks?

--
Aurora
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
CyberTaz CyberTaz is offline

The features you are seeking are readily available in a page layout program,
but not most word processors - including Word. There are ways to
"improvise", but you'd most likely find it easier and far more accurate to
add the printer's marks in the PDF program once you create that file.
Acrobat Professional gives you all the tools you need, but if your PDF
software doesn't support printer's marks you might try placing the Word
content into a Publisher file or using some other DTP software to create the
PDF from rather than directly from the doc.

--
HTH |:)
Bob Jones

"Aurora" wrote in message

Aurora

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Aurora Aurora is offline

Thanks Bob, unfortunately, the whole idea was not to pass through a publisher
tool and use directly Word. It is mainly a question of time.
--
Aurora

"CyberTaz" wrote:

The features you are seeking are readily available in a page layout program,
but not most word processors - including Word. There are ways to
"improvise", but you'd most likely find it easier and far more accurate to
add the printer's marks in the PDF program once you create that file.
Acrobat Professional gives you all the tools you need, but if your PDF
software doesn't support printer's marks you might try placing the Word
content into a Publisher file or using some other DTP software to create the
PDF from rather than directly from the doc.

--
HTH |:)
Bob Jones
[MVP] Office:Mac

"Aurora" wrote in message

Aurora

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
CyberTaz CyberTaz is offline

Then it may depend on which PDF generator you're using. If Acrobat (on the
same system as Word) when you go to the Print dialog, select Adobe PDF as
the printer, then click Properties. On the Adobe PDF Settings page choose
from the Default Settings, then click Edit. When you select the

"CyberTaz" wrote:

The features you are seeking are readily available in a page layout
program,
but not most word processors - including Word. There are ways to
"improvise", but you'd most likely find it easier and far more accurate
add the printer's marks in the PDF program once you create that file.
Acrobat Professional gives you all the tools you need, but if your PDF
software doesn't support printer's marks you might try placing the Word
content into a Publisher file or using some other DTP software to create
the
PDF from rather than directly from the doc.

--
HTH |:)
Bob Jones
[MVP] Office:Mac

"Aurora" wrote in message

Aurora

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
CyberTaz CyberTaz is offline

Then I believe the best solution is to generate the PDF and use its features
to mark crops & bleeds.

If you're using Acrobat Pro 7.x you may be able to specify the settings
through the Print dialog, but I've never used the feature. Click Properties
after selecting Adobe PDF as your printer, then click the Edit button
(adjacent to the Default Settings: list) & select the Standards folder.
You'll need to select a valid Compliance standard in order to activate the
settings on that page of the dialog. Beyond that I am not familiar with the
feature or what may be prerequisite for them to function effectively (such
as having specified oversize paper, etc.).

--
Regards |:)
Bob Jones

"CyberTaz" wrote:

The features you are seeking are readily available in a page layout
program,
but not most word processors - including Word. There are ways to
"improvise", but you'd most likely find it easier and far more accurate
add the printer's marks in the PDF program once you create that file.
Acrobat Professional gives you all the tools you need, but if your PDF
software doesn't support printer's marks you might try placing the Word
content into a Publisher file or using some other DTP software to create
the
PDF from rather than directly from the doc.

--
HTH |:)
Bob Jones
[MVP] Office:Mac

"Aurora" wrote in message

Aurora

WordBanter AI WordBanter AI is offline
Word Super Guru

Thumbs up Answer: How do I create a pdf from Word with bleed and crop marks?

Hi Aurora! Creating a PDF with bleed and crop marks is a great way to ensure that your document is printed exactly as you intended. Here are the steps to do it in Microsoft Word:
  1. First, make sure your document is set up with the correct bleed settings. Bleed is the area outside of the document's edge that will be trimmed off during printing. To set up bleed in Word, go to the "Page Layout" tab and click on "Size." From there, click on "More Paper Sizes" at the bottom of the dropdown menu.
  2. In the "Page Setup" dialog box, click on the "Paper" tab and enter the dimensions of your document, including the bleed area. For example, if your document is 8.5 x 11 inches with a 0.125 inch bleed, you would enter 8.75 x 11.25 inches.
  3. Next, add crop marks to your document. Crop marks are lines that show where the document should be trimmed. To add crop marks in Word, you'll need to use a third-party add-in or plugin. One popular option is the "PDFCreator" plugin, which you can download for free online.
  4. Once you've installed the PDFCreator plugin, go to the "File" tab and click on "Print." In the print dialog box, select "PDFCreator" as your printer and click on "Print."
  5. In the PDFCreator dialog box, select "PDF" as the output format and click on "Options." From there, click on the "Formats" tab and select "PDF/A-2b" as the PDF standard. This will ensure that your PDF is compatible with most printers and software.
  6. Finally, click on the "PDF" tab and select "Add crop marks" and "Bleed marks" under the "PDF Options" section. You can also adjust the size and position of the crop and bleed marks if needed.
  7. Click on "Save" to create your PDF with bleed and crop marks. You can then send this file to your printer or upload it to a printing service.