rayraysmyname

Default missing options from menu

I did something weird and now the "save as" option is missing from the file
menu and the "symbols" option is missing from the insert menu. How do I get
them back? Thanks! Microsoft Word 2003

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
electriclou electriclou is offline

I have experienced the same thing. Did you ever get an answer?
Lou

"rayraysmyname" wrote:

I did something weird and now the "save as" option is missing from the file
menu and the "symbols" option is missing from the insert menu. How do I get
them back? Thanks! Microsoft Word 2003

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Morag Morag is offline

I had the same problem but the problem was caused by changing the document
template in Templates and Add Ins ... to something other than normal.

To fix this, open the other template. Go into Tools Customize and click
on the Commands tab. Click on the Toolbar menu that's giving you problems and
click rearrange commands. Click on reset.

Morag

"rayraysmyname" wrote:

I did something weird and now the "save as" option is missing from
the file menu and the "symbols" option is missing from the insert
menu. How do I get them back? Thanks! Microsoft Word 2003

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jane Jane is offline

Thanks for this. By applying the principles outlined, I was able to resore
'Paragraph' to my Format menu.

Jane

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

See http://sbarnhill.mvps.org/WordFAQs/LostSymbol.htm

"rayraysmyname" wrote in message
I did something weird and now the "save as" option is missing from the

file
menu and the "symbols" option is missing from the insert menu. How do I

get
them back? Thanks! Microsoft Word 2003

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
CJS CJS is offline

Default missing options from insert menu

I did something weird and now the "symbols" option is missing from the insert menu. How do I get it back?

I reinstalled Microsoft Word 2003 and it did not help. It works when I
select run and type winword.exe /a but does not stay when I closed that
window.