Posted to microsoft.public.word.formatting.longdocs

Default Changing indent for all hung paragraphs

I've got Word 2000. I've downloaded a bunch of cases. Everything is
"normal" style. The hanging indents are set to hang by just 1/8 inch
on the left. I want to change that to 1/2 inch.

I hate to go through hundreds of pages, changing eaching hanging
indent one by one. Is there a quicker way?

Thank you.

*(((({

Posted to microsoft.public.word.formatting.longdocs
Charles Kenyon

Use replace.

First create a style that has the formatting you want. Then do a replace
looking for formatting that has normal style with hanging indents of 1/8
inch.

To replace formatting and styles, you need to click the More button on the
replace dialog.
--
Charles Kenyon

from my ignorance and your wisdom.

"*((({" wrote in message
I've got Word 2000. I've downloaded a bunch of cases. Everything is
"normal" style. The hanging indents are set to hang by just 1/8 inch
on the left. I want to change that to 1/2 inch.

I hate to go through hundreds of pages, changing eaching hanging
indent one by one. Is there a quicker way?

Thank you.

*(((({

Posted to microsoft.public.word.formatting.longdocs

Thanks, Charles -- but I can't seem to get that to work. I can't use
"find" to find hanging paragraphs. It won't find them.

*(((({

In the last exciting episode on Mon, 12 Jun 2006 21:07:35 -0500,
"Charles Kenyon" wrote:

Use replace.

First create a style that has the formatting you want. Then do a replace
looking for formatting that has normal style with hanging indents of 1/8
inch.

To replace formatting and styles, you need to click the More button on the
replace dialog.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.formatting.longdocs
Klaus Linke

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:
In the Find dialog, click More, then Format | Paragraph, then choose
"Hanging" and set the amount by which they are hanging to 0.13".

If it doesn't work, you could try and change the default units to points or
millimeters (Tools Options General).
Then look at the indent again, and use what you find (say 3.3 mm or 9.35
pt).

Word's rounding of decimal numbers can mess things up for "Edit Find".

Regards,
Klaus