Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
JCI25946 JCI25946 is offline

Default want to set up custom labels from Access database

using Word 2000 I could set up custom labels using any column from the data
base, in whatever order I wanted; using Word 2003 I can only produce a
standard address label.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

That is not so. You are not limited to the use of the AddressBlock. You
can insert any field that you want in the configuration that you require. I
suggest that you make use of the mailmerge toolbar instead of the Wizard.
To access that, select Toolbars from the View menu and then check the Mail
Merge item.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

"JCI25946" wrote in message
using Word 2000 I could set up custom labels using any column from the
data
base, in whatever order I wanted; using Word 2003 I can only produce a
standard address label.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
JCI25946 JCI25946 is offline

That almost gets me there. How do I create a space between fields; i.e. when
I try to put in a space between fields I get a duplication of the previous
field. How can I make spaces and enter things such as commas between city and
state?

"JCI25946" wrote in message
using Word 2000 I could set up custom labels using any column from the
data
base, in whatever order I wanted; using Word 2003 I can only produce a
standard address label.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
JCI25946 JCI25946 is offline

When I get to the insert merge fields and use data base fields I inserted
first name and inserted it; when I tried to add a space before inserting last
name, when I hit the space bar the first name was inserted again.

"JCI25946" wrote in message
using Word 2000 I could set up custom labels using any column from
the data
base, in whatever order I wanted; using Word 2003 I can only
produce a standard address label.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

See where what you are doing differs from

"Doug Robbins - Word MVP" wrote:

That is not so. You are not limited to the use of the
AddressBlock. You can insert any field that you want in the
configuration that you require. I suggest that you make use of
the mailmerge toolbar instead of the Wizard. To access that,
select Toolbars from the View menu and then check the Mail Merge
item.

--
Hope this helps.

Please reply to the newsgroup unless you wish to avail yourself of
my services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP