Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
mlse mlse is offline
Junior Member

Default How do I create a field containing the word count of just one style?

I am using Microsoft Office Word 2007.

If you go to "insert" -- "quick parts" -- "Field" then an option comes up to insert "NumWords" to allow you to insert a field containing the total number of words in the document.

BUT

I have a number of styles in my document, one of which is "Normal" (as you might expect!).

SO ... I would like to insert a field that contains a count of only the words in the paragraphs with the style "Normal".

How do I do that?

Thanks

Last edited by mlse : April 25th 09 at 02:47 PM Reason: Include more info.