Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Josvds Josvds is offline

Default ODBC Refresh

Hello,

I`m using office 2000 now and we will migrate to office 2003.
Now i`m checking the mailmerge connection between word 2k en access 2k
and it`s a dde connection.
In access 2k3 i would like to use ODBC but the only problem is:

When i`m using ODBC and i setup a query in the mailmerge you won`t get
any results till you click on the button to go to the next record or
the record before this one.

So when i have 3 records:

Id, Name, Last name
1, John, Jansen
2, Piet, Albertes
3, Bert, Jansen

When i`m standing on record 2 and put in the query i only want the Last
name Jansen. The record Alberts is shown till you go to antoher record.

The query works only when you go to another record.

Does anyone has a soulution?

Thnx
Jos

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Cindy M. Cindy M. is offline

Hi Josvds,

I`m using office 2000 now and we will migrate to office 2003.
Now i`m checking the mailmerge connection between word 2k en access 2k
and it`s a dde connection.
In access 2k3 i would like to use ODBC but the only problem is:

When i`m using ODBC and i setup a query in the mailmerge you won`t get
any results till you click on the button to go to the next record or
the record before this one.

So when i have 3 records:

Id, Name, Last name
1, John, Jansen
2, Piet, Albertes
3, Bert, Jansen

When i`m standing on record 2 and put in the query i only want the Last
name Jansen. The record Alberts is shown till you go to antoher record.

The query works only when you go to another record.

I'm not sure I'm following... You're using Word 2003 and linking to
Access 2003 as the data source, using ODBC. This means you've activated
"Confirm conversions on open" and are selecting ODBC, is that correct?

And the data source in the Access database, is it a table or a query?

In the Word document, you want to merge to only one record, so you "put
in the query". Exactly what steps/commands are you using to do this?

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Josvds Josvds is offline

Hello,

Thnx for your response..
Yes the database is connected to the word page
I can see every record.

Only when i`m setup a query option he still shows the old query.
When i go to the next record from te query it works...
But why must i first go to the next record before i see the efect of
the query?

Is there some solution?

Thnx,
Jos

Cindy M. schreef:

Hi Josvds,

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Josvds Josvds is offline

Hello,

I have seen your website and still not found a solution on this
problem.
Do you have any idee what this could be?

Grts,
Jos

Hi Josvds,