Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
shawmcc shawmcc is offline

Default finding phrase

How can I find fractions of words, such as all words in a document that
include the following (for example): "help". I want to be able to find all
words that include that phrase, such as "helpmate", "helper", etc.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

Use Find (Ctrl+F). You may want to verify that "Find whole words only" is
cleared (if you can't see the option, click the More button).

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"shawmcc" wrote in message
How can I find fractions of words, such as all words in a document that
include the following (for example): "help". I want to be able to find
all
words that include that phrase, such as "helpmate", "helper", etc.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

shawmcc wrote:
How can I find fractions of words, such as all words in a document
that include the following (for example): "help". I want to be able
to find all words that include that phrase, such as "helpmate",
"helper", etc.

Just enter the desired letters in the Find What box of the Find dialog and
click the Find Next button (or, depending on the version of Word, you can
check the "Highlight all items" box and click the Find All button).

If you click the More button in the dialog, you'll see an option for "Find
whole words only". As long as that option isn't checked, the search will
find the target text when it's inside a larger word.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman