Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
sivs sivs is offline

Default how do you change i to I automatically when writing

i am using office 2007 and i cannot find how to change the settings so that
when i am tying "i" it automaically changes to "I" so that i dont have to go
through essay and edit by myself
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

You can use autocorrect (word options / proofing) and it works most of the
time, or if you can't be bothered to press the shift key to insert capitals,
you could use find and replace e.g. with the following macro:

With Selection.Find
.ClearFormatting
.Replacement.ClearFormatting
With .Replacement.Font
.SmallCaps = False
.AllCaps = True
End With
.Text = "i[' ]"
.Replacement.Text = "^&"
.Forward = True
.Wrap = wdFindContinue
.Format = True
.MatchCase = False
.MatchWholeWord = False
.MatchAllWordForms = False
.MatchSoundsLike = False
.MatchWildcards = True
.Execute Replace:=wdReplaceAll
End With

sivs wrote:
i am using office 2007 and i cannot find how to change the settings
so that when i am tying "i" it automaically changes to "I" so that i
dont have to go through essay and edit by myself

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Harvey Harvey is offline

What does exactly this macro do?!!!
--
Best regards,
Harvey

sivs wrote:
i am using office 2007 and i cannot find how to change the settings
so that when i am tying "i" it automaically changes to "I" so that i
dont have to go through essay and edit by myself

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

See http://www.gmayor.com/replace_using_wildcards.htm
It looks for 'i' starting a Word followed by a space or an apostrophe and
changes the found text to all caps.