Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
hondo hondo is offline

Default Saving Track Changes problem

I am using Word 2003 Professional. When I attempt to save a document in which
I have tracked changes I get a message "There is an unrecoverable disc error
on file___. The disc you are working on has a media problem that prevents
Word from using it." When I hit OK I get the message "Word failed reading
from this file. Please restore the network connection or replace the floppy
disc and retry" Retry is unsuccessful and when I cancel I get the message
Word has lost data due to a bad network connection or missing floppy." But I
am not on a network and Iam not using a floppy - the document is on my hard
drive
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

Run chkdsk on the hard drive, repair Word from windows control panel add or
remove programs, then see
http://www.gmayor.com/what_to_do_when_word_crashes.htm followed by
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/AppErrors/...peningWord.htm and see if that
offers any improvement.