Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Earl Kiosterud Earl Kiosterud is offline

Default Hide white space

My top margins disappeared, making it look like the paper is only 9" in height, not 11, in
print layout view. The margin was up against the top edge of the paper in the ruler at
left, and couldn't be dragged. I could find absolutely nothing in the menus or toolbars to
control this.

I finally discovered that clicking a double-up/down-arrow icon that appears when hovering at
the top edge of the paper in this view would restore the full page. Where the hell is this
in the menus??? It's a useful feature, but makes Word more of a "You gotta live there"
program, where the street signs are missing, but all the locals know the them, so who needs
them? Why is it so hard to find something like this when it's happened? What's the matter
with microsoft? (Rhetorical, of course).

--
Regards from Virginia Beach,

Earl Kiosterud
www.smokeylake.com

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Terry Farrell Terry Farrell is offline

View.

--
Terry Farrell - MSWord MVP

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

I see nothing about white space on the View menu. It's on the View tab of
Tools | Options, however.

"Terry Farrell" wrote in message
View.

--
Terry Farrell - MSWord MVP

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Terry Farrell Terry Farrell is offline

I could have sworn that it was in the Show/Hide Group on the View Ribbon -
but as usual you are correct. It must be my perfect logic taking control of
me thinking that Show/Hide White Space would be included in the Show/Hide
Group: the group even has a space for the button that is currently wasted.
The more I use W2k7, the more disappointed I am. It just so far off target.

Terry

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Earl Kiosterud Earl Kiosterud is offline

Thanks, Suzanne. I'd hope something new like that would be where you could see it as you
worked, not buried in a big dialog box. Maybe a button on the status bar would have been
nice. Anyhoo, now I know.
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

Well, you do get the ScreenTip when you mouse over the page break.

[...]

Rapidly flashing cursor when hide white space is turned on LAC Microsoft Word Help 0 August 1st 07 09:18 PM
hide white space AdminDee Page Layout 5 September 21st 06 11:13 PM
"hide white space between pages" is idiotic Ulf P Microsoft Word Help 4 October 22nd 05 04:59 PM
"Hide White Space": make click to undo it more precise. LarsInJapan Microsoft Word Help 1 July 10th 05 01:23 PM
Where are the "show white space" and "hide white space" buttons? Robin K Microsoft Word Help 2 June 22nd 05 11:10 PM