Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
dwiedema

Default I need to delete a page field code.

There was a field code (page) added to a document by a co worker and now i
can't figure out how to delete it.

Can anyone help?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

See http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Formatting...lyIndented.htm for
instructions if it was added using Insert | Page Numbers. If it was inserted
as part of the actual header/footer, just use View | Header and Footer (or
double-click in the header/footer area in Print Layout view to activate it)
and delete the field. If the field is in the body of the document, you
should be able to select it and delete it.

"dwiedema" wrote in message
There was a field code (page) added to a document by a co worker and now i
can't figure out how to delete it.

Can anyone help?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor

The {page} field displays the page number. Press ALT+F9 to toggle the view.
You can select and delete the page field in either view. Page fields are
usually inserted in the header/footer view.