Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
laurence peddle

Default Skittish mouse problem

Windows XP and Word 2002. New PC. My mouse and cursor work perfectly here,
for example,in typing this, and generally with Internet Explorer and Outlook
Express. The problem is with Word documents. When I try to work on them the
cursor sometimes jumps across the screen. Also, the mouse is difficult to
operate; for instance, if the cursor is at the top of the screen and I want
to click on the taskbar at the bottom I run out of pad when I pull the mouse
back, and then I have to quickly push it forward and draw it back again.
Also, I struggle sometimes to get the cursor into the vertical scroll bar
strip, where it resists going. It's really annoying. Can anyone help, even if
it's only with an explanation?