Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
SP

Default strange background

Hi

In Word, when using Print Layout View, the page is having this background -
looking like a net with small squares. I just don't know how it got there,
and I don't know how to get rid of it. When switching to Normal view, then
the background is blank as normal.

I'm not sure this would consider as background or not because when I click
Format | Background, No Fill is selected.

I uninstalled and reinstalled Office, but the bugger didn't go away. What a
drag!

Please let me know what this is.

Thanks
Steve

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Jay Freedman

Display the Drawing toolbar. Click the Draw menu at the left end, then Grid,
and uncheck "Display gridlines on screen".

I wish I had a nickel for everyone who uninstalls and reinstalls Office when
it wouldn't do any good... ;-)

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

SP wrote:
Hi

In Word, when using Print Layout View, the page is having this
background - looking like a net with small squares. I just don't
know how it got there, and I don't know how to get rid of it. When
switching to Normal view, then the background is blank as normal.

I'm not sure this would consider as background or not because when I
click Format | Background, No Fill is selected.

I uninstalled and reinstalled Office, but the bugger didn't go away.
What a drag!

Please let me know what this is.

Thanks
Steve

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
SP

You, Jay...The man !! You just saved me from going after OS.

Thank you
Steve

"Jay Freedman" wrote in message
Display the Drawing toolbar. Click the Draw menu at the left end, then
Grid,
and uncheck "Display gridlines on screen".

I wish I had a nickel for everyone who uninstalls and reinstalls Office
when
it wouldn't do any good... ;-)

--
Regards,